January 23, 2007

Reflections and Connections



What reflections and connections can you make with this novel?
Reading through the book, I was able to make a lot of connections with who I am right now. I was even able to reflect my past and see what mistakes and accomplishments I have made.
The most memorable connection from the story was the topic on 'silence'. Don Richardson is somewhat frustrated by the silence of God. He even questions about his 'purpose' for this mission. He firmly believed that it was God who called him to this work, but there was a moment when he didn't know what and how to help this 'seeminglessly' untamable tribe. He asks God to please help him, and therefore he patiently waits.
Right now, I feel as though I'm stuck between a dream and a reality. I know that God has this extraordinary plan for me, yet I have no clue or any sense of knowing what that maybe. Everyday I encounter people who talk about what they want to become in the future. And I've noticed that I've tried to retreat from these conversations because I am uncertain about my goals. In my prayers, I ask a lot of questions to God rather than asking for a vision. I have this 'unpredictable' future right in front of me, but I wonder what would be the best way to face it. It is a tough time right now, and I am going through of phase of uncertainty; however, I will not let go of God's hand. Just as God unlocked the door for Don Richardson, I believe that when my way closes, God will give me the key to open it.

4 comments:

Liz Kim said...

Grace!
I also know for sure that God has this amazing plan for me, but I’m lost and little bit afraid about my future. But don’t worry! Soon or later, God will guide you safely and lead you to an amazing future that you’ve never imagined before! So don’t be discouraged and be positive about your future =]!

Joan Hong said...

wow.
I thought I was the only person who were confused about my life and what had God planned for me. I tried several different things and thought of many paths that I would want to step into. I get very envious of people who are very certain of what they want to do or people who have gifted talent in certain areas. I still couldn't find what I am good at. This uncertainty about my future and the path that I am in right now concerns me but I believe God will somehow lead me to do the things that would give glory to Him and bring joy to me.
I like what you wrote because it showed what you are really going through.

carol said...

Graciee~
hey!
I can really see how you can relate yourself with the novel. I'm also afraid of the future. I'm not sure what God has planned for me, but hopefully as you said if we continue to pray and wait...he has a better plan for me. I have times I feel lost and afraid. I worry a lot, but I realized that worrying won't help me. As long as we trust God, I think we don't have to worry anymore. Let's keep strong~okay??
<3ya hehe

African Globe Trotters. said...

I just love reading these comments - you have affirmed and encouraged Grace. Keep up the discussion ladies. Grace - you writing is successful because you relate to the novel. Super JOB. Mrs.Mc.